I love listening to the Fish radio station, 95.5 FM. Josh Booth posts some amazing recipes. I wanted to share this one with you. Comfort food with a kick. Enjoy!
Sausage and Pepper Baked Ziti
Posted By: Josh Booth·1/4/2013 12:12:00 PM
- 8 ounce(s) uncooked ziti rigati pasta
- 2 teaspoon(s) oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounce(s) (4 links) spicy or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta
- 1 1/2cup(s) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 2 cup(s) (from a 24- or 26-oz jar) marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water as package directs for al dente or firm texture.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and sausage; cook 6 minutes or until sausage is browned. Remove from heat; cut sausage into 1⁄4-in. slices.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 3 Tbsp Parmesan and the parsley in large bowl. Drain pasta; toss with cheese mixture, sausage mixture and 1 cup marinara sauce.
- Pour pasta mixture into a 2-qt shallow baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce on top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until bubbly.
This is a great meal served with Crusty French Bread, and salad. Until next time, From our Butcher Block to your Table.